BC’s Oldest Disabled Consumer Group – Founded in 1926
Who We Are
The Greater Vancouver Association of the Deaf (GVAD) is an organization of the Deaf, hard-of-hearing, DeafBlind, parents of Deaf children, hearing people and friends. Everyone is welcome to apply for membership.
- To promote all matters of the welfare of the Deaf.
- To foster the social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities of the Deaf.
- To affiliate and serve with provincial, regional and national organizations of the Deaf and hard of hearing.
- To ensure that the activities of the society always be intended to contribute positively to the Greater Vancouver area or to any other district within the society’s areas of operation.
- Special Events / Conferences
- History Archives
GVAD has made presentations to governments, private agencies, and businesses regarding the education of Deaf children and adults, telecommunication – for example: telephone and Video Relay Service (VRS) access and television captioning; health care issues, interpreting services, and other concerns of Deaf and hard of hearing people.